Saturday, January 12, 2008

Amsterdam, Holland - August 24, 2006

Final Day in Europe.

After falling into bed at dawn on 24th at my Amsterdam Hostel, I awoke with a start feeling that I'd overslept and missed my plane. My fear was confirmed when I eyed my watch to see that it was indeed 3:45pm! I shot out of bed in a panic before realizing that I'd misread the hands of my analog watch in my sleepy state and that, in fact, the time was 9:15... am. A mere hour or two since I'd nodded off and plenty of time remaining to catch my 2pm flight. With that heart-stopping attack having cleared the fog from my brain, I checked out of the hostel at a more leisurely pace and strolled along the quiet canals and streets that had been so alive the night before on my way to the train station from whence I'd arrive - and from where I would take the shuttle to the airport for my final departure.

















Flight: Amsterdam - Toronto - Vancouver.

Lastly, a few shots from the window of the airplane - mainly as it came in for a landing in Vancouver, BC with the coast mountains piercing the standard layer of overcast clouds that shroud the Lower Mainland.













~Home Sweet Home~
(For Approx. 3 Days)

1 comment:

Tely said...

Hello Jason Harman,
First of all, thank you for reading my email in your busy schedule.

I’m Tely, the editor who come from the magazine called INTERPHOTO, the most popular and most famous e-magazine of China. Recently I find your pictures of Mexico on www.jasonharman.com are very fantastic. But I can't find your email address through those beautiful pictures.So I write here on flickr and ask for your admission to use your photos in our magazine. We have a column called "travel", which introduces a place some people have travelled to.I want to use your photos to show how Mexico is. Now I will give you an introduction of our magazine.

Our magazine is an e-magazine about the arts of photographs, images and other vision works. Now it has over 6 million readers online for each copy monthly. In our former issues of INTERPHOTO, We have introduced the places like Melbourne, Barcelona, San Francisco, Los Angeles and so on. If you need, I can send you some samples of them to you for check. My email is telywu@126.com You can read our latest issue right away if you click
mag.poco.cn/interphoto/Vol38

If we use your photos, all photos' copyright is exclusive by you, and we will make it clear that they are taken by you.We won’t use them for any commercial businesses. And we can promote for you by making a link to your homepage.

If you have any interest, you can contact me on flickr or:
MSN: telysiyi@hotmail.com
Email: telywu@126.com
Tel: (086)020-88522002

I’m looking forward to your reply! Thank you again for reading my email! Our magazine’s website is: i.poco.cn . Our company’s homepage is www.poco.cn

Best wishes,

Yours Sincerely,
Tely Wood