Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Ciao bella from Italia

Ciao amicis from Firenze (Florence), Italia. The country is astoundingly beautiful - I could spend a month here without feeling the need to leave. On Sunday I flew into Venice which is, unforunately, a bit overrated and overcrowded. Floating is nice but it was a bit Disney too. Since then I've made it through fair Verona, the city of Romeo & Juliet and now into Florence, the city of everything from Michelangelo to Machiavelli. I'll be here for another day or two before a pit stop in Milan and then into Southern France. Today's the half-way point of this vacation-tour so a good time as any to catch up on a blog (plus Florence actually has normal-budget Internet cafes like this one, only 1.5€ per hour!).


Venice 1

Venice 2

I'd post more but as usual my efforts have been thwarted. A major downside to a nice camera is the 4MB images that take 15 minutes to upload (or as in my case error).

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dead sexy.

Anonymous said...

thwarted again... now i'm sure *my* internet doesn't seem so bad anymore.. ;)

-j.

Joanna said...

Although I have indeed seen better floating cities I have to say those pictures look amazing. Hopefully when you get to a really cheap city you can post a lot more as Jo and I are eagerly waiting for some tales about Europe. There better be a few stories about the French women by the time you are done. Hell, we will even settle for a good one about an Italian woman or even a German one. Get working.

Cheers

Shayne

Jason Harman said...

Shayner

Met a pretty good Italian one - will tell you about her later though...