Monday, July 31, 2006

Munich - Wednesday, July 26, 2006

I've finally managed to get to the time to sit and type out a post about my last week in Germany. Now its the afternoon of Monday July 31st and I'm struggling to get the right letters to print on this German keyboard (the z is in place of the y so keyboard comes off kezboard until I replace it).

My plane arrived in Munich on Wednesday at about 10:00am Central European time or 1am for me. To ward off jet-lag it was decided - not on my part - that I should stay up until the evening. That day felt like one of the longest days in my life but the photos can speak for themselves. Here is central München.
Sunbathing (clothing optional) is frequent on the river that runs straight through Munich. This is the beginning of their central park called the English Gardens which is one of the biggest central parks in world (it dwarfs Stanley Park).

Me on the Maximillianstrausse, near the state government of Bavaria (named after the Bavarian Emperor I believe).

A view from the top of Petersplatz (a church tower sans Quasimodo). This looks towards the Ratshaus, the government building of the city of Munich.

Inside the Ratshaus.

The Cathedral (Münster), again from atop Petersplatz.

The traditional red roofs of Bavaria.

Streets of downtown Munich.

A Munich street from the ground-level.


So thats it for this post. I've actually taken near 4 GB of pictures since arriving last week, only a fraction of which are online at my flickr page http://www.flickr.com/photos/jharman/ and these are a small sample of those. Tomorrow, I'm off to Switzerland and soonafter I'll be in Prague then Venice so I can't imagine getting much time to put together these posts until I'm back in Canada.

In the meantime look out for the postcards!

-Jason


2 comments:

Ashleigh said...

excellent. hope you are having a great time... we miss you on meebo.

Anonymous said...

hallo, mein freund. wie tust du?

it sounds like you are enjoying yourself in germany. hope you took full advantage of the clothing optional beaches... no more tan lines for jason harman! ;) looking forward to receiving the postcard and to hearing the stories when you get back.

glückliche Spielräume!

-j.